Sunday, February 7, 2010

Rimmel Sexy Curves Mascara Review

Hi everyone, I did a review which I've posted on my youtube channel, Check it out :)

What you need to know about Rimmel Sexy Curves Mascara:
- Non-waterproof formula comes in a purple tube (the one that i have)
- Waterproof formula comes in a green tube
- The applicator looks like 3 little balls with rubber spikes (kinda like covergirl lashblast), which makes it easier to apply mascara to hard to reach area such as the inner corner of the eye or the lower lashes.
- The formula is super wet and it takes some time to dry, do i suggest not to squint your eyes until the mascara is fully dried
- After I apply the mascara (to my pre-curled lashes), I noticed my lashes started going straight down to it's original position (before curling),which is kind of disappointing.
- It does give some length and volume but it get a bit clumpy if you layer your mascara a lot.
- I've noticed some flaking, not so much smudging, and the flakes sometimes gets inside my eyes and it is really irritating.
- I don't recommend this mascara for people who has lashes that grow straight down, however, it might just work well for people who has natural curly lashes! :)

My lashes before I curled them, pretty pathetic, yea? :(

After I Curled them. I curl my lashes using shu eumura eyelash curler

My lashes with 1 coat of Maybelline Volume Express mascara.
They look super full and long, and most importantly, the curl stays.


My lashes with 1 coat of Rimmel Sexy Curves mascara
They look a little bit fuller, however, my lashes go straight down. Not a good mascara to hold curls.

My lashes with 2 coats of Maybelline Vomue express mascara.
They clump a little but it's nothing a lashcomb can't fix.

My lashes with 2 coats of rimmel sexy curves mascara
They clump a little and does nothing tot he length

So, that's my review for rimmel sexy curves mascara, it is quite obvious which mascara is better for people who has lashes that grow straight down :)

4 comments:

  1. The last picture shows the huuuuge difference. I'd like to try it but it isn't available here. -_-

    ReplyDelete
  2. great review, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @xxNikkiDooxx awwhh..im sure there's plenty of other brands :)

    ReplyDelete